4.09.2007

When the world makes your point better than you ever could

(From Cory at Boing Boing)
Professor Walter F. Murphy, a Korean war hero and McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence (emeritus) at Princeton, was delayed while flying because he's on a "terrorist watch list." ...

I presented my credentials from the Marine Corps to a very polite clerk for American Airlines. One of the two people to whom I talked asked a question and offered a frightening comment: "Have you been in any peace marches? We ban a lot of people from flying because of that." I explained that I had not so marched but had, in September, 2006, given a lecture at Princeton, televised and put on the Web, highly critical of George Bush for his many violations of the Constitution. "That'll do it," the man said.


To make this presentations related:

This effort to punish a critic states my lecture's argument far more eloquently and forcefully than I ever could.

I don't think your politics matter, or who you favor in government. I don't think any of us grew up thinking that this is what America stands for.

No comments: