4.10.2007

You're the Best

I have a rant about "competition" that in certain circles it's an illusion. Once you get to the kernel of who *exactly* you serve and what *exactly* you are able to do for them, your offerings are unique.

This is a long journey and I can't pretend I'm already there, but I know when I consider other providers of presentations advice, I get excited more than anything else, because we're each building up a massive repository of knowledge that we can all use to serve a massive audience.

But I digress.

What do you do that's different, and ergo, better, than anybody else? For whom do your efforts have the most value? Figure this out and prosper.

Inspired by a Seth Godin's The Dip blog post just now: Seven Reasons You Might Fail to Become the Best in the World.

1 comment:

Hashim Warren said...

Good post.

Even worse, when we believe in the illusion of competition, when we don't have any we end up playing down our abilities or playing copycat instead of focusing on what we do best.